MUSE MONDAY - Ann Evans and her Bear


This week, author Ann Evans introduces us to a very special bear...

Ann, Megan, and Teddy

Who (or what) is your muse?
Ann: My muse is a very old threadbare teddy bear. Well he's five years younger than me, so I'll rephrase that. He's a rather mature teddy bear. Occasionally Teddy has been known to go into schools and meet the children. He tells me he likes to inspire them to learn about local history.

When did you first meet?
Ann: Teddy and I met one Christmas morning. He just appeared at the foot of my bed, all wrapped up in shiny paper. I'd had my fifth birthday just the day before. I remember poking my finger through the paper and feeling his fur. When I unwrapped him and squeezed his tummy he made a growling sound. These days he seems to have lost his growl – and most of his fur, but he still whispers good ideas to me all the time.

Does your muse appear in any of your books and/or artwork?
Ann: He was my inspiration for a series of books which I'll be writing soon. It's all a bit hush hush at the moment, so I can't say too much at the moment. He also makes an appearance in an adult thriller that I've just finished writing but that's a very scary book – with a scary title, so I can't say much about that either. However, in the photo you'll spot my granddaughter, Megan cuddling Teddy. And she is featured (in cartoon style) as the logo of my Little Tyke Murder Mystery books – and you'll find a lovely cartoon of her when you visit my website.

If you won the lottery and had complete artistic freedom, what would you write/create?
Ann: I would definitely make a film out of my trilogy, The Beast, The Reawakening and Rampage. The books are packed full of adventure and suspense. And The Beast won an award this year. So I know they would make a block-busting success. Steven Spielberg are you listening?

Before you go, does your muse have a message for the Unicorn?
Ann: Yes. He would like to thank Unicorn for allowing his author, Ann Evans to blog on his website. And he would like to share a joke with you:

Q. How many mystery writers does it take to change a light bulb?
A. Two... One to screw the bulb almost all the way in, and one to give it a surprising twist at the end!


Oh that sounds a bit rude! But it made the unicorn laugh. (And in case you're wondering, unicorns never have to change lightbulbs - our horns glow in the dark, so we don't need bulbs.)



About Ann.


Ann Evans has been writing for more than 30 years. It began as a hobby and gradually became a career and a way of life.  She has three grown up children, four grandchildren – and another on the way.

Ann loves writing exciting stories for young readers – particularly thrillers and mysteries. She also writes romance and crime for adults and non fiction including articles for national magazines on all sorts of topic from animals to antiques. Ann lives in Coventry and when she's not writing she loves walking, gardening and reading. Find out more on her website: www.annevansbooks.co.uk


Emma and Lucy experience the chance of a lifetime. Emma has won a competition to spend the weekend with the hottest new boy-band around, Street Wise. She and her friend, Lucy fly to France on the band's private jet, watching the concerts, going backstage.
It all sounds brilliant. Until something deadly happens…

There are four books in the series. Check out the other titles.