MUSE MONDAY - Emma Barnes and her Talking Wolf

This Monday, the unicorn welcomes Emma Barnes - and a rather scary muse!




Who (or what) is your muse?

Emma: A wise and witty talking wolf! At least she was for my latest book,'Wolfie'.


Emma Barnes
When did you first meet?

Emma: A few years ago when I was lucky enough to spend some time in the warm sunshine of California...and my imagination strangely started to follow a magical wolf into the winter woods and snow.

Does your muse appear in any of your books and/or artwork?
Emma: Yes – she’s in my book 'Wolfie', where her full name is Fang-That-Bites-Sharp-In-The-Forest.

If you won the lottery and had complete artistic freedom, what would you write/create?

Emma: I’ve written an epic fantasy, which I haven’t published, simply because it was what I wanted to write. To be honest, it’s hard to predict the market, so why not write what you believe in?

Before you go, does your muse have a message for the Unicorn?

F-T-B-S-I-T-F: Greetings, fair creature! You are fleet of foot, and your weapon will make me think twice should we meet in the forest.


I must admit my magical horn comes in useful at times, but I would never use it to spear a friend!

About Emma:

Emma Barnes writes humorous stories about contemporary children getting into mischief, having adventures, acquiring pets (sometimes magical!), falling out with their families and generally battling with the silliness and unpredictability of life.  Her latest book 'Wolfie' is a about a girl whose best friend just happens to be...a wolf.  Her next book 'Wild Thing' (out February 2014) is the first in a series about the naughtiest little sister ever.



With its snow and wolves, the unicorn thinks this would make a magical book for a young reader at Christmas!

Published by Strident.

Take a look inside this book at amazon

See Emma’s website www.EmmaBarnes.info for more details.